The 50th Anniversary of the All American Quarter Horse Congress was a memorable time for the JMQH Team! We had many great rides and were fortunate to have top placings as well!
Here’s a recap of the highlights:
Hannah Buijs & Lopin To The Bar were ROCKSTARS and came home with 6 medallions for top 15 placings!
- Novice Youth Western Riding 14-18 – 9th NSBA & 10th overall
- 15-18 Showmanship – 10th NSBA & 12th overall
- NYATT Horsemanship – 13th
- NYATT Showmanship – 15th
Shelley Scriver & Remember Me Good had a personal best go in the Novice Amateur Trail with a soft, clean ride. And just missed the call backs in Select Showmanship by one point. Well done Shelley & Xena!
Cheyanne Izon & Bobby Dimensions worked very hard in the 2 months leading up to the Congress with particular focus on their Showmanship & Horsemanship. We saw that hard work pay off with personal best performances and they just missed the call backs in Showmanship by one point. Very proud of how far this team has come in a short time! Great job Cheyanne & Wayne!
Jodi Mallette & Remember Me Good had a solid ride in Xena’s Western Riding debut at the Congress finishing in the top third of over 100+ entries!
The saying “It takes a VILLAGE”…is a very true one for our show team…thank you’s go out to so many people, but here’s a few:
- Margo & Chris Buijs who keep us and the horses fed, the aisle tidy & organized – we appreciate ALL that you do!
- Jess Mosley-Cairncross who is a show groom extraordinaire – for people and horses!
- Dr. Ruth Barbour our awesome vet
- Rick Chapman our fabulous farrier
- Heather Doig Equine Massage Therapy and Twista Fate Designs (the Believe necklaces worked their magic!)
- Aerin Greidanus Equine Chiropractor
- Hannah Taylor & Cadence Equine Therapy and Sean Knowles for their PEMF (Magna Wave) treatments at home & away
- Chantel Oliver & her staff at Midnight Haven Equestrian for keeping our horses healthy & happy every day
- Jen Armstrong of the Figure Seven who supplies us with our feed and supplements and is always available with her nutritional expertise
- Our amazing clients & friends who support us from near and far – watching in the stands or on the live feed, texting results and cheering us on…you guys are amazing!
From the bottom of our hearts – Allyson & I want to thank everyone for all of your continued trust in our program and all of your enthusiasm & encouragement! Congress is always the wrap up to our season – and we are already focusing on winter training and 2017 goals now. Lots of winter learning and fun ahead!